The Virtual 8th Annual Gala:
Q. How do I join the Virtual Gala? Can I register now?
- Yes! You can register today for the Gala at AuburnSymphony.cbo.io or with your smartphone in camera mode hover over the QR code and you’ll go right to the site!
- We’ll be adding new silent auction items weekly. You can register and get a password now, and credit card information can be entered at the same time or later (see the next question).
- Bidding on silent auction items opens March 22nd, but a few items are open now!
- purchase Auburn Symphony merchandise
- purchase limited-edition giclee prints of Maestro Jaffe at Symphony in the Park
- bid on a beautiful 1933 violin valued at $3,600
- make a donation
Q. What is the Gala check-out process?
- All credit card information is processed through a secure, encrypted, third party.
- Winning live auction bids & Fund-a-Need:
- Your credit card will be charged immediately and you will receive an email receipt. Details of how to pick up or redeem your live auction items will be emailed to you.
- Winning silent auction bids:
- Your items will be added to your cart and will be processed after the silent auction closes on 29 March at noon and you will receive an email receipt. Your items will be ready for pickup at the Auburn Symphony office in the Auburn State Theatre, 985 Lincoln Way, #102, Auburn, Tuesday-Friday, from 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The 2021 Season and beyond:
Q. When will we be hearing the Auburn Symphony Orchestra live again?
None of us fully know the answer to this question! Our orchestra cannot play on the stage and remain “physically distant.” Keeping our musicians, patrons, staff, and volunteers safe is our first priority. We are taking the guidance and advice of our county and state officials regarding the timeline for gathering for our usual concerts.
At this time, the indoor gathering of large groups in live performance venues has many considerations and restrictions. Our Symphony’s primary “concert hall” is on the campus of our local high school, and we also rehearse in their music rooms. In addition to following state and county guidelines, we are governed by the school district’s policies allowing outside organizations’ use of campus facilities. Please know that we stay in close contact with school district officials for the latest information. They are currently not able to make any statement.
Check the Auburn Symphony website for updates!
Q. Is Maestro Peter Jaffe continuing in his role as Music Director/Conductor?
Absolutely! Our maestro had planned to be with the Auburn Symphony through the 2020/2021 season pre-COVID 19, and that has not changed in spite of the new circumstances.
Q. Will subscriptions be offered this season and do I still get my regularly reserved seats?
This 2020/2021 season is different in several capacities which affects our Subscribers.
- We are in the middle of a new conductor search, and our audiences will be part of the process.
- In order to accommodate the auditions of our candidates, our concerts will be compressed to one day, Sunday afternoon, rather than the Saturday/Sunday pattern we are accustomed to.
- When we return to our customary format, your reserved seats as a Subscriber from previous seasons will be restored.
- Ticket purchases for our Finalist Showcase Series will be available once we have confirmed dates. More details about pricing and seating options will be available as we move forward.
Q. Will there be a “Symphony in the Park” 2021?
Please check our website for updates.
Q. How many people may attend August’s Young Artists Recital and how do I get a ticket?
The 2021 Young Artists Recital will be held August 11th at the Auburn State Theatre. However, as much as we would love to be able to congregate to hear live performances, for the safety of the children and their families we have decided to film them onstage sequentially and edit their performances into a virtual recital that you can watch on demand on our YouTube channel. Check back to find out when it will be available!
Q. Where can I learn about the search for our new conductor?
Please see our website for further information about the upcoming auditions of our three candidates, the process to this point, and the candidates’ bios.
Q. Is the Symphony office open?
Yes! The office will be open. Office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Tuesday through Friday. If you plan to visit us, please bring your face mask! We also have hand sanitizer available.